HAPPY EARTH DAY!!
Today is April 22, 2012 and that means it’s Earth Day!! What fun things are you doing today and everyday to ensure you are going green? Not sure where to start? Here are some fun facts to help you start living a greener lifestyle today!
- Stop using disposable bag and start using reusable bags. I have SO many of these!! Prices range from FREE – $0.99. This is an awesome way to grocery shop and they are awesome to carry with you on a busy Saturday while running errands.
- Turn off the lights whenever you leave a room.
- Turn your computer completely off at night. When you set your computer to “sleep” at night instead of turning it completely off, you are still using energy. You could save up to 300 watts by making this simple change.
- Start paying your bills online as well and start opting to receive you statements online.
- Unplug chargers and appliances when they are not in use.
- Collect rainwater and use that to water your houseplants and/or garden.
- Use a cloth instead of paper to clean your kitchen. Be creative! Use an old t-shirt or towel instead of a paper towel or sponge.
- Turn the water off while brushing your teeth. Doing this act along will save you 4 gallons of water.
- Shorten your showers. Every minute you cut from your shower is roughly 5 gallons of water!
- Plant a tree.
Posted on April 22, 2012, in Motivate and tagged brushing your teeth, EARTH DAY 2012, going green, green share, nature, plants, recycle, reusable bags, reuse, water. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.