Mother’s day is right around the corner – have you decided on what you were going to treat the special lady in your life to? Being the loving, caring, proactive blogger that I am – I have listed a few ideas for you to ensure that your unique gift arrives on time!
- SPA GIFT CERTIFICATE: ALL mom’s can use a day off and what better way to spend that time at the spa?! I love the website spafinder.com! You can purchase a gift card right from the website and have it shipped or emailed directly to your mother! They even showcase different destinations known especially for their spas and tranquil atmospheres.
- BOUQUET OF FLOWERS : Contrary to what you may believe or what some women say, the majority of women love fresh flowers. Now I have some good news – they don’t always have to be roses! Go for something different, try carnations or tulips – the arrangements from proflower.com are GORG & super affordable! They even ship internationally!
- AN EDIBLE ARRANGEMENT: There is nothing like a chocolate dipped gift! I love ediblearrangements.com because they are super creative, affordable and or course…edible! Anything sweet AND healthy for you…count me (I mean mom ;)) in! The best part about an Edible Arrangement is you can choose to pick it up or have it delivered directly to your mom’s front door.
- A SCENTSY WARMER SYSTEM : No Mother’s Day would be complete without her own Scentsy Warmer and favorite fragrance burning! With SOOO many warmers to choose from and over 80 scents, there is truly something for every mom! With warmers ranging from $20-35 and scents priced at $5.00 – Scentsy is easy on the pocket and awesome on your nose! Purchasing directly from moorejennifer.scentsy.us under the party “I Love My Mom” will allow you to create your purchase as a gift which includes a card – you can also have the purchase shipped directly to your mother!
- MARY KAY PRODUCTS: Can’t take mom to the spa? Then let the spa come to mom! With everything from facial cleansers, to make-up and perfume there is something for every budget and every mom! Place your order with me by the end of this week (4.28.12) and I’ll include a free gift bag and Mary Kay samples with your purchase! Just visit marykay.com/jennmoore10 and place your order TODAY!
- DONATE TO A CHARITY OR NON-PROFIT IN YOUR MOM’S NAME: Does your mom have a passion for children, or animals or going green? If you visit justgive.org, you can choose any charity listed that best represents your mom and donate in her name! It’s different from the traditional but will leave her imprint for many years to come!
I hope a few of these options help you decided just what you are going to do for Mother’s Day! Let me know what you decide to do! Comment below if you have any other suggestions, comments or questions!!
EXCEL : LOVE : EXPLORE
So JP and I decided to hop in a car and drive to Mississippi and Georgia to spend time with family and friends. It was our first road trip ever and it was definitely a memorable one! We reconciled with family we never met, family and friends we haven’t seen in a LOOOONG time, my cousin became engaged, baby cousins are now toddlers….and lots of food!
We learned about the value of being surrounded by friends and family and exploring our past. Knowing who and where we came from and what sacrifices were made for us inspired us to come home and strive harder to be better. We learned that entrepreneurship, the passion to help people, artistic minds, creative hands and eyes, strong will and determination flowed throughout our blood lines. Knowing where you come from could help to direct where your going 😉 I encourage you to ask questions and discover those that came before you.
Take a look at some photos we took in Atlanta!
EXCEL : LOVE : EXPLORE
So my road trip to the south officially started on June 3rd. First stop…Mississippi! (pics coming soon;))As we headed down the road I started thinking…well you have no choice but to think lol! Sometimes it’s the best time to think to yourself. I started to ponder how everyone has a story; may seem different but we all have one. Everyone had a destination that they so desperately wanted to reach. They all had a reason for hopping on their cars and 18 wheelers at 1am to try to get somewhere. While some drove faster than others and seemed to always be progressing, some had to make continuous stops for potty breaks and food, others were forced to stop to fill-up on gas, some grew weary of the trip and had to pull over and rest, while some lost sleep and decided to do it all in a day.
I couldn’t help but relate this to life. We all leave our homes at different times with a destination in mind. Some have directions while others just sort of “wing it”. We never know when were going to pull over whether by choice or because we must “fill-up” on energy, some choose to take the ride with a partner others choose to go alone; but we all have the same goal and that is to make it to where we want to go and nothing is going to stop us.
We reached VA around 4 am and I was delighted to see HUGE illuminated crosses along the sides of the road. When I say HUGE…I mean HUGE LOL! There were crosses on hills, on top of fields, within trees…they would pop up every now and then. It was such an awesome reminder that no matter where you were, whether near or far from your destination, whether you stopped for gas or a potty break, no matter how late it was at night or early in the morning…Jesus is traveling with you.